Sunday 6 May 2007

Go!

This will be my last post from Canada. I am finally packed and this is my last task before bed.

The four days of training in Toronto was excellent. I met seven other girls who are also going out in the next month. When we met on the first evening, we seemed to click right away. We easily conversed and began to get to know each other. I really felt like I could speak freely with all of them. The seminars were informative and challenging. We discussed everything from spiritual warfare to culture shock, from serving with the poor to relating to supporters. At the end of the week, I felt ready to go. The joke of the week was my arrival with with a box of food. I thought that breakfast was not provided, and many of you know that that can't work for me. I felt like an idiot initially with my big box of food when we were taken to the kitchen and shown the wide variety of breakfast items. I recovered quickly, and we all had a good laugh.

My weekend in Cobourg was busy with shopping and packing and cleaning house for the little going-away party my mom had for me. Members of my prayer team in Cobourg and some other friends came over for supper and prayer. It was a good time, but I was rather tired by the end of the night.

I am off to bed. I don't sleep well on planes, so I need plenty rest to get me through the trials of international travel. I have packed Pride and Prejudice to help pass the time and lots of food to keep my brain happy. Thanks for your prayers.

Thanks for reading ~*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If I make another typing error on your blog, I'm going to shoot myself. I'm thinking about a million times faster than I type, so there are a lot of oddities in my work.

I talked to Tae a little while ago; she's excited to see you, so if you get the chance, pay her a little visit.

Do you have a camera, by the way? Take pictures!