Tuesday 3 April 2007

Ready ...

Preparations have started for my departure. Last week, I had two vaccinations (fortunately, others are still good from my previous trip) which put my arm out of commission for two days. My deltoid was in severe pain.

I am grateful to all of my supporters for their enthusiasm in praying and donating. School is getting busy and stressful, so they are one source of encouragement for me. Please continue to pray for me as I prepare physically, emotionally and spiritually. I have a lot of business to take care of now for when school resumes in September.

A few weeks back, I was walking home from the grocery store, heavy-laden with groceries. About ten minutes into the walk, I grumbled to myself, thinking that a car would be handy right about then. I had to stop myself from complaining and thank God that I had good food to eat and a healthy body that could handle that much exertion. Sometime later I started singing a Toby Mac song, "Made to love" but stopped at the line: anything I would give up for You / everything I give it all away. I didn't think I was able to give up my health. The following was my basic train of thought: I wouldn't be able to do all the fun stuff I enjoy now if I weren't healthy ---> what if I get bitten by a snake or something in Ghana? ---> what if I contract meningitis or something and have all my limbs cut off? ---> maybe I shouldn't go to Ghana ---> et cetera ---> now wait just a minute! ---> I can get sick and/or disabled in the comfort of my own apartment ---> anywhere for that matter ---> "do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:6-7 ---> "but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength ..." Isaiah 40:31 ---> OK, I'm going to Ghana to serve God!

I heard a woman from Serbia speaking two weeks ago about the very same thing, finding security in God or in herself and familiar circumstances. I gave her a hearty "amen" and was further encouraged step out in faith rather than hold back in fear. I am very excited about my trip but I am not in my usual freak-out mode. With a clear head, I can better continue with all the preparations I mentioned earlier.

Thanks for reading ~*

3 comments:

Unknown said...

http://xanderstrasz.livejournal.com/

It's going to be so strange when you're gone there, Knoughvah... I mean... you're going to be on the other side of the world, out of my protective vision.

haha... not really I suppose. I've never had such a vision and I've been away from your for at least a year and a half now.

I'll do a better job of reading your site and I do writing my two.

Unknown said...

What the deuce!? I'm trying to sort out this comment menu in Japanese for some time now, and I can't seem to get it. Maybe now...

Much love, Miss Knoughvah; take care of yourself in Ghana, though you'll be outside of my protective domain. So you must be extra careful!

Anonymous said...

Hi Knoughvah! Thanks for sending me the URL for your blog - you are an inspiration! I think your "paragraph structure" is fine. ;-)

Good luck with your final days of packing & the like.