Thursday 2 August 2007

A quick note

Please pray for safety in travelling in the next few weeks. I have only one week left in Tumu (sigh). I have finished all of my teaching and church and the schools, but now I have to write reports about all of that (oooo, fun!). I am currently in Tamale. The car is being (routinely) serviced on our way to Mole Game Park. We will return to Tumu on Saturday, then driving all back to Accra on Friday (two days' drive, if you recall). In Accra, I will attend a workshop, Sharpening Your Interpersonal Skills, for a week. Some SIMmers will be joining other Christians for the workshop. That's all I know about it. Then I will spend my last week in Ghana visiting friends from Youth for Christ. I will meet up with Emma (pronouced Eeema), short for Emmanuel) and see who we can find. It will be sad leaving Tumu, but I am also looking forward to meeting up with old friends in Accra. My brother, Xan, has a friend from Japan who is currently in Ghana. I have spoken with her only once, but I hope to contact her again when I am back in Accra.

After I have written my various reports and articles, I will write a reflection here. I haven't had time to really process things yet. My work has gone well. Praise God with me for great opportunities to share the gospel with students and teach about HIV/AIDS, relationships, and love. Pray for them as they digest all I have taught. Pray for the girls in my discipleship groups from church that they would grow in their faith in Jesus Christ. Pray for them to develop a good relationship with the next associate who will come to Tumu and continue the Bible Study with them. Please pray for me as I say good bye in Tumu and again in Accra. I had my first cry last week when one of our church members gave me an eloquent valediction (real word?) in a rather informal conversation we were having as I was preparing my last Sunday School lesson.

Time's up at the internet cafe.

Thanks for reading ~*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I've being doing a bit of research on Ghana, and came across your blog randomly only to find that the SIM associate you mentioned who will be replacing you is....me(Haley)! I'm from New Zealand and heading over to Ghana on the 28th for 6 months. i was stoked when i came across your blog, I saw pennys name come up in the search results and had to investigate more! I was like 'woooaaa some one whos in the EXACT same situation that I'll be in in a few weeks!!'
It's being good cathching up on your blogs
feel free to drop me a line my email is comet03@hotmail.com